- About Bent Creek
- Special Events
- First Call Wine Club
- Bent Creek Calendar
Bent Creek Winery
GRILLED TRI-TIP SANDWICHES WITH ROQUEFORT BUTTER
1 1/2 - 2 pounds of tri-tip steak
2 -3 baguettes, split
For the marinade:
1 cup light olive oil
1 cup Bent Creek 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
6 to 8 cloves chopped garlic
2 T. brown sugar
Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
For the butter:
1/2 cup Roquefort, crumbled
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
For the Vegetables:
1 red onion
1 yellow pepper, 1 red pepper
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 T. fresh sage, chopped
Salt, pepper to taste
1. Marinade* Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade. Pour over the tri-tip, cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Roquefort Butter* Mix the softened unsalted butter with the crumbled Roquefort cheese until smooth. Store in refrigerator. Allow butter to soften at room temperature 30 min before spreading.
*Can be prepared 24 hours in advance
Thinly slice the onion and yellow pepper.
Heat skillet and add olive oil and onion. Sprinkle the onions with the sugar and stir.
When the onion begins to caramelize stir in the peppers. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the sage to the pan and stir. Cook until the onion and peppers are semi-soft.
Remove from heat and set aside for sandwiches.
4. Prepare your charcoal or gas grill to cook the tri-tip. Grill for 10 minutes per side for medium doneness. Do not overcook. Remove from grill and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes on cutting board. Cut in thin slices across the grain of the meat.
5. Spread the Roquefort butter on both sides of the split baguette. Pile the sandwich with tri-tip and vegetables.
6. Serve with Bent Creek Cabernet. Enjoy!